Guardian name, if volunteer is under 18
Address (please include street address, state, zip code)*:
What is the best way to contact you? (ex. text, phone, email, mail)
Do you have any allergies? If so, please specify.
Birthdate*: (Format: MM/DD/YYYY)
Thrift Store Floaters
These volunteers may come in anytime between 8am-4pm to sort, price, clean and do general tasks in the store
General Volunteer work
This group consists of adults, 18yrs or older that volunteer with Pet Network throughout the year. You have the option of volunteering in multiple different areas of the shelter through this option (e.x. Dog Walking, Dog/Cat care, Laundry, and general tasks needed in the shelter)
Thrift Store Shift noon-4pm
This group of volunteers consist of those who would like to do a shift Monday-Saturday Noon-4pm
Contact #1: Name*
Contact #1: Relationship*
Contact #1: Phone #*
Contact #2: Name
Contact #2: Relationship
Contact #2: Phone #
Agreement, Release, and Waiver of Liability
I understand and agree that submitting this application form does not automatically register me as a Pet Network Animal Friends of Nevada volunteer, and that there may be certain qualifications I must meet, including the acceptance of established volunteer policies and procedures before I may begin volunteering. I also agree if I fail to disclose information regarding my court-ordered status or health conditions I may not be given credit for volunteer hours or allowed to volunteer with Pet Network.
By submitting this form, I attest that the information I have provided on the form is true and accurate. I also give my consent to Pet Network to use any photographs or pictures taken of me or my minor while on premises or at an event.
All volunteers are required to complete this release form. Anyone under the age of 18 must also have a parent complete this form and must submit a paper waiver with the signature of a parent or legal guardian to Pet Network. The paper forms are available at Pet Network. Thank you.
Terms and Conditions
1. My services to Pet Network are provided strictly in a voluntary capacity as a Volunteer, and without any express or implied promise of a salary, compensation, or other payment of any kind whatsoever.
2. My services are furnished without any employment type benefits, including employment insurance programs, worker's compensation accrual in any form, vacations or sick time.
3. I understand that as a volunteer I am an important representative of Pet Network and must do my best to represent Pet Network in a manner that is consistent with its articles, by-laws, guidelines, and philosophies. I will adhere strictly to these standards in my capacity as a Volunteer.
4. I understand that Pet Network, without notice or hearing, may terminate my services as a Volunteer at any time, with or without reason.
I understand that the handling of animals and other Volunteer activities on behalf of Pet Network may place me in a hazardous situation and could result in injury to myself or my personal property. On behalf of myself and my; heirs, personal representatives and assigns, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Pet Network and its directors, officers, employees, agents, and animals from any and all claims, causes of action and demands of any nature, whether known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with my volunteer activities on behalf of Pet Network.
Code of Conduct
I agree that I will adhere to all policies, procedures and codes of conduct listed below. Additionally I will follow exactly the direction of staff members. Any deviation from the accepted policy, procedure or staff direction may lead to my immediate termination as a volunteer. Gross negligence and willful disobedience of direction that causes harm to any animal or staff member may be perused in Civil Court to recover damages.
GENERAL CODE OF CONDUCT:
* I agree to act in a professional and friendly manner to staff, customers and volunteers.
* I agree to abide by minimal standards of acceptable conduct which include not using profane language while on the premises, dressing in an appropriate and family-friendly manner, and only smoking in designated smoking areas.
* I will treat all animals on the premises with care and respect (no striking, choking, hitting, kicking, or general molestation of animals is tolerated).
* I agree to never take animals from the premises without the express consent of staff on duty.
* I will not let dogs make contact with each other without the express consent of staff on duty.
* I will not leave dogs unattended in the exercise area without the express consent of staff on duty.
* I will not talk on a cell phone while performing any of my volunteer duties.
* I will verify with staff on duty that it is acceptable to remove an adult cat from a crate BEFORE I do so.
* I will put any kitten that I have handled back into the crate it was taken out of, NEVER mixing litters.
* I will report any aggression or injury by any animal to a staff member IMMEDIATELY.
* I will not bring cats into the dog adoption area or bring dogs into the cat adoption area.
* I will not utilize Pet Network equipment, phones, or other items for personal use without staff permission.
* I will ALWAYS follow directions given by staff members EXACTLY because my doing so is critical for disease control, safety, and liability.
By Checking the box below, I certify that: I am the above named person, I am at least 18 years of age, and that I hereby accept a position as a volunteer for the Pet Network, upon the above listed terms, conditions, and understanding; or I am the above named person’s legal guardian and on behalf of myself and my dependent, I hereby release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless Pet Network and its directors, officers, employees, agents, and animals from any and all claims, causes of action and demands of any nature, whether known or unknown, arising out of or in connection with my volunteer activities on behalf of Pet Network.